Jan 24, 2020
This week’s guest on the Live Your Light Show, Emily
has a soulful conversation with her good friend and mentor, Michael
King. Michael King
believes that the great work of our life is the process of creating
and re-creating both ourselves and the life we get to live. He is a
qualified chef, a health coach, a yoga instructor, meditation
teacher (he and his wife, Hannah are the founders of Kings
Meditation and Mentoring and have their own meditation training
called ‘Fire and Water’ where they turn passionate meditators into
impactful teachers. Michael was instrumental in Emily’s personal
transformation and personally mentored her in hypnotherapy, NLP and
being a life coach.
Part one of our Conversation We
- What happens when you get quiet & become
familiar with your thoughts and you start to ask questions about
fundamental elements about existence and ‘self’
- How he ‘unpacked’ what he’s been through by going
on a walkabout and being in nature.
- Your authentic self wants to be expressed in the
world so badly!
- All the ancient cultures of the world understood
that within the one human life we have a few births.— The first
birth is obvious, and the second is happening throughout our lives
by taking off the metaphorical training wheels & being born
into the awareness of your true self.
- Emersion into nature completely changed the way he
looked at the world. ‘A walkabout is just an expression of inner
movement. The world is just a mirror of deeper inner
transformation.’ A walkabout let him let go of everything he
THOUGHT he was and decided to connect with the earth and
subsequently change his life by being led by his heart instead of
- How to integrate the deep sense of connectedness
and the reverence of life into normal everyday life.
- How to bring the light into every part of your life
through conscious integration.
- Why it’s important NOT to resit our past but
instead flow with it by choosing the pieces of our past that lend
itself to where we are going.
- The two sides of the coin in meditation:
- 1. How do I relieve suffering? - What’s
in the way of our personal authenticity? What are we resisting and
how can we deconstruct that.
- The uncovering of conflict based off beliefs we’ve
adopted throughout life and navigating through by deciding what we
want to continue to believe.
- 2. How do I grow the good in my life by
working on the things I actually want?
- How do I want my life to look and how
can I build up my
mind so that my mind is a mirror of my heart?
- The Beach Worm metaphor: Beach worms live right
below the surface on the beach and come up when you least expect it
which is symbolic of circumstances in life will cause our beliefs
and emotions that normally reside under the surface when they are
triggered when something happens in life.
- TIP for YOU to decrease the number of beach worms
in your life:
- Keep a log of all the beach worms that comes up
throughout the day and then it’s right in the open and from that
place you can relieve yourself of any resistances and start
thinking more thoughts that are in alignment with where you want to
go instead of hindering your growth.
Quotes: ’A walkabout is just an outer expression of
inner movement. The world becomes a mirror of deeper inner
Resources How to Connect with
- Follow Michael On Instagram
- Access to their Meditation Teacher
- Visit his Website HERE
We can’t wait to see what you thought of the episode
and what takeaways resonated most with you. Don’t forget to
screenshot & tag @itsemilythomas when you're listening to let
us know your favorite part.
To get in touch to learn more about Emily's programs
to help you take the leap from where you are now to where you want
to go, send Emily an email at Emily@emilykthomas.com and tell me about your story
Also, come hang with me on Instagram by clicking